Chief executive – UM G14
41 St John’s Square, , London, , EC1M 4EA
Date of birth
22 July 1964
The best thing about my job is...
One day in Tokyo, the next in Shanghai, the next in Mumbai, the next in Paris. It's simply the best thing I've ever done.
The key thing I've learnt recently is...
I'm terrified of flying and I fly most days.
The best advice I've ever had is...
"Try the chicken madras Jamie" – Bobby Myers, 1974, thereby starting my love affair with all things spice.
If I was 21 again, I would...
Make precisely the same mistakes I made then, but without wearing eye-liner.
The thing that really inspires me is...
Seeing the incredible performances of UM London, China, France, Australia and Germany and knowing that I got a lucky break when I became a leader of international markets.
The last time I was embarrassed was...
Jens Lehman answering a drunken midnight call from my brother and I on the eve of the United v Arsenal 2005 FA Cup Final. We lost on penalties the following day.
The last time I was excited was...
When I reached the summit of Kilimanjaro in June and realised I'd gone eight days without a glass of red.
I'd describe my personal style as...
Different when I'm in work compared to when I'm watching United play Liverpool.
I really love...
Wrinks, BCC, Uncle Anorak, Eric Cantona, Gruaud Larose, Garsington Opera and Hotel Costes.
I really wish I had...
Put some clothes on when I proposed to my wife.
I really wish I hadn't...
Thought I was such a genius when marketing director of ITV and Channel 5. They were both pretty easy jobs. Running UM across a bit of the world is harder and more rewarding.
The worst thing about me is...
I get Man United into most speeches and sentences.
You might not know this but I'm...
A proud Trustee of Comic Relief, a qualified chef and a born-and-bred, season ticket-holding Man United fan.
- Social Media Manager/Director Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Online Trading/Commercial Manager Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne