Global brand vice-president, skin health brands
100 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4P 4BQ
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
Am more focused on reducing it (less air travel) than off-setting it.
The team I worked with in Argentina in the 90s. For them, nothing was impossible.
My eight-track digital portastudio. Makes even my guitar playing sound good. A bloody miracle.
Desert island objects
A piano (of course), an internet-connected webcam, and an endlessly refilling bottle of Pauillac.
None. Seriously, none.
The Sunday Times, Q, Spooks, Xfm, Metacritic.
Biggest risk taken
Ditching "real" work to join a pop group for two years.
Any day on holiday with my family out of mobile phone reception.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
Robert De Niro? he can make even the least promising things seem compelling.
Mediocre teacher, mediocre musician, slightly less mediocre marketeer? am fond of the two gold Lions on the mantlepiece (and keen for them to multiply).
Magnus Pym in John le Carre's A Perfect Spy.
Whatever it is, it's clearly so deeply hidden I despair of ever finding it.
Best job outside advertising
Unilever has had a difficult year, restructuring its middle management and rethinking its brands strategies. But Miles has overseen some impressive work for the Vaseline range that has given the brand a new lease of life.
Most expensive purchase
My grand piano. Best five-figure sum I could imagine ever spending.
Why are you good at what you do?
Knowing consumer marketing (and especially advertising) is far more about art than science.
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ARTWORKER - CREATIVE COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- 2D DESIGNER - LIVE COMMUNCATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot