Managing director – business development
(020) 7650 9600
The Registry, Royal Mint Court, London, , EC3N 4QN
Date of birth
26 January 1957
The best thing about my job is...
Building a genuinely unique new business and a new brand, working globally with a great group of people, starting or acquiring businesses throughout the world, travelling to new places and meeting interesting people, constantly learning… it's very refreshing.
The key thing I've learnt recently is...
People who only work in the UK market have a very narrow view of our industry.
The best advice I've ever had is...
I suppose the Oxford University Appointment people were right to suggest advertising, even if they knew very little about it.
If I was 21 again, I would...
Start my own business earlier, get out more and find a better work-life balance, which is probably impossible.
The thing that really inspires me is...
Having to think new thoughts and solve knotty problems, a daily occurrence. New business is a pretty good source too.
The last time I was embarrassed was...
Years ago, when we were waiting for the client to arrive for a pitch while they were waiting for us. Forgetting people's names seems to be increasingly common, too.
The last time I was excited was...
Our last acquisition, Echo Research, in particular, but our expansion into other markets is equally exciting.
I'd describe my personal style as...
Trying always to be reasonable, sometimes excessively so, but letting ideas make the difference.
I really love...
The smell of napalm in the morning (obviously not true but it remains a good line). The five Fs: France, football, Fulham, food and fotography.
I really wish I had...
An "off" switch, and had discovered the fascinating world outside of media agencies earlier, plus a teleporter to avoid airports.
I really wish I hadn't...
Sounds smug, but I seem to have been lucky enough for everything to go right so far.
The worst thing about me is...
My impulsiveness, but it's the flip-side of having an overactive imagination, I suppose, so blessing and curse.
You might not know this but I'm...
Not a media auditor. Everyone thinks that this is all we do, but at least we're known for something.
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Manager Aspire £30000 - £40000.00 per annum + Excellent, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3