Vice president – global advertising strategy and content excellence
Coca-Cola Great Britain
+1 404 414 2889
1, Queen Caroline Street, London, , W6 9HQ
Date of birth
9 September 1967
The best thing about my job is...
I get to travel the world and spend time really getting to understand local cultures, local values, local trends, local people. I then have the responsibility of rolling all these local insights and experiences up into big audacious universal provocations that will help us to create transformational marketing plans. When I have the time to stop and think about it, it really does blow my mind.
The key thing I've learnt recently is...
That instagram is ace. The photo aps can turn the most mundane of shots into works of art.
The best advice I've ever had is...
The word "no" is the fuel of creative brilliance.
If I was 21 again, I would...
Buy shares in Apple. Have had a child with "F" and learned to write everything in just 140 characters.
The thing that really inspires me is...
People who have no material worth, so to speak of, but who teach me the true potential in human value and human spirit. I am inspired by such people every time I go to places such as South Africa or Brazil.
The last time I was embarrassed was...
When I tried to sing. Oh why, mum, did I get the white gene (as opposed to the black gene) in the vocal department? Everything else worked out brilliantly but the voice? Painful.
The last time I was excited was...
OK. I go to Burning Man. Six days in the desert. Rolling around in dirt. Having my mind filled to overflow in terms of creative stimuli. I know that I'm speaking at a 1,200-strong Procter & Gamble conference the day I return to earth. When I check in with my secretary at Reno airport after six days of zero connection, she confirms that the big name at the P&G conference is Oprah Winfrey! Yes, that's right, Ivan Pollard and I had been invited to be Oprah Winfrey's warm-up act at the world
I'd describe my personal style as...
Harvard-like strategic rigour. Child-like enthusiasm. Cannes-like creative. Dancefloor-like energy.
I really love...
The voice of Whitney Houston.
I really wish I had...
A private jet – I'm at San Fransico airport as I type and airports are dull.
I really wish I hadn't...
Been frightened about being honest to my self and to others. Honesty is such a massive gift. Any yet not a lot of people use it properly.
The worst thing about me is...
After two beers, I think I can sing.
You might not know this but I'm...
I once sat on Johnny Mathis' lap. I was six years old and my mum threw me on to the stage at Scarborough. He sang Climb Upon My Knee Sunny Boy to me. It all went George Michael after that experience. And I was only six.
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Spectrum 360 Recruitment £33k - £42k, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad