Chairman and director of creativity
Havas Worldwide London
(020) 7240 4111
Cupola House, Alfred Place, London, , WC1E 7EB
Date of birth
25 January 1950
The best thing about my job is...
Forging sharp tipping points in the Crucible of Change.
The key thing I've learnt recently is...
You can't forge a tipping point, apparently. It just creeps up and then you have to "nudge" it over using like, social media and shit?
The best advice I've ever had is...
Never twist on 17.
If I was 21 again, I would...
The thing that really inspires me is...
Arthur Koestler said: "Creativity is the defeat of habit by originality." That still works. Oh, and rainbows and like, kittens and shit?
The last time I was embarrassed was...
Old Trafford. 28 August 2011. 8-2.
The last time I was excited was...
At the Edinburgh Fringe this year. I saw a lot of talented young people who should be working in our business. Our tragedy is they never will. Productivity is the new creativity.
I'd describe my personal style as...
I really love...
I really wish I had...
I really wish I hadn't...
The worst thing about me is...
My inability to remember people's names. I've suffered from this selective memory disorder all my life and disguise it by calling everybody "darling". But I know it pisses people off.
You might not know this but I'm...
Male. Aquarius. Single. GSOH. Love music, cinema, theatre, but just as happy snuggled-up on the sofa watching X Factor. WLTM wealthy, attractive woman with low self-esteem and own car.
- Account Executive AF Selection £16000 - £18500 per annum, Warwickshire
- Midweight/Senior Designer Tomorrow Recruitment £28000 - £40000 per annum, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR LOOKING FOR MORE CREATIVE FOCUS? Barker Graves Up to £45k + benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £38000 - £43000 per annum, London
- WE NEED AMBITIOUS ACCOUNT EXECUTIVES Barker Graves £26k+ bens, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'