Chairman and chief executive
(020) 7258 4302
12 Bishop’s Bridge Road, , London, , W2 6AA
Date of birth
11 February 1959
The best thing about my job is...
The people at DDB – it is going to sound nauseous to adland cynics, but the Bernbach mantra of hiring only people who are "talented and nice" remains as true today as it ever was.
The key thing I've learnt recently is...
Fiftysomethings have more fun. This year has been a belter.
The best advice I've ever had is...
Look at every problem as an opportunity.
If I was 21 again, I would...
Work for while, travel, work for a while, travel etc.
The thing that really inspires me is...
My amazing wife and four wonderful children.
The last time I was embarrassed was...
My younger son bought a new girlfriend home to a big family gathering. We were all grouped around a table looking at some photos and I gave my 14-year-old daughter standing next to me a quick cuddle and a kiss on top of her head. Or so I thought, as my son's new girlfriend froze in horror.
The last time I was excited was...
At an old friend's 50th birthday. We were all 18 again for one night.
I'd describe my personal style as...
Optimistic (ridiculously so, according to Shirley "we're doomed" Watson, our esteeemed FD).
I really love...
Running, sailing and riding.
I really wish I had...
I really wish I hadn't...
Moved house so much.
The worst thing about me is...
Itchy feet – hence constant buying and selling of houses.
You might not know this but I'm...
A competent dry-stone waller. It has all sorts of suprising parallels with being in advertising.
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Middleweight Designer become £30k-£35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Business Analyst - Agile, Publishing, Media Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media