Chairman andchief executive
+1 212 237 4940.
Worldwide Plaza, 309 West 49th Street, New York, NY 10019
1st January 1957
Fantasy business partner
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
Stop my teenage daughters from driving.
Everything I know about marketing, I learnt from rock 'n' roll.
Westchester Men's Hockey League, Silwanoy Golf Club, Facebook.
Desert island objects
My wife, Chris, and my daughters, Claire and Alison.
The former Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau. A man with big ideas and a lot of style.
The New York Times, Mojo, Sirius Radio, YouTube.
Biggest risk taken
Playing ice hockey after the age of 50.
Any day without airport security.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
Richard Gere (no gerbil jokes).
2004, chairman and chief executive, OgilvyOne Worldwide; 2002, first chairman of Ogilvy's Global brand community; 1994, president, Ogilvy Canada.
Playing the harmonica.
Best job outside advertising
Selling courses in hypnosis, auto-mechanics and bartending while at university.
The O&M stalwart took on the global OgilvyOne mantle back in 2004, and he has steered the network on a steady course ever since. However, the old style rock 'n' roller keeps a low profile on the global industry stage.
Most expensive purchase
A red Gibson Les Paul guitar from the Eric Clapton Crossroads auction.
Why are you good at what you do?
I am good at connecting ideas and people.
- PROJECT MANAGER - LONDON - £30-40K + BENEFITS Salt £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £36k - £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'