9th June 1943
Fantasy business partner
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
Lots of little things, nothing clever.
My father (for better or worse).
Woking FC, MGGB, Pi Capital, E100, Solus.
My bottle opener.
Desert island objects
A pad and a pen, a mobile phone recharged by solar power, an instruction manual on building boats out of sand.
Winston Churchill. He was an egotistical, eccentric, obstinate, multi-talented visionary.
The Times, Christie's Magazine, Sky Sports, Classic FM, wokingfc.co.uk.
Biggest risk taken
Taking the grandchildren away for the weekend.
Bit of advising people I like, a bit of connecting; a bit of pro bono; a bit of LBS brain-stretching, then create a smart business-building opportunity and take a piece of it, then retire to watch a Western with a good bottle of wine.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
1) Messenger. 2) Ad agencies. 3) Media agencies. 4) Brand consultancy. 5) Free agent.
Should be Superman, but it's Inspector Rebus.
There aren't any. I gab about them incessantly.
Best job outside advertising
The best (and worst) is chairing Woking FC.
The grandfather of media had high ambitions for his strategic marketing agency, but found that clients were not as enthusiastic about paying for upstream advice as he'd hoped. Calling it a day was probably one of the toughest decisions in Ingram's illustrious career, but don't expect him to head for retirement any time soon.
Most expensive purchase
The Elizabeth Frink sculpture, "Walking Madonna".
Why are you good at what you do?
I join up the dots very quickly.
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch