9th June 1943
Fantasy business partner
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
Lots of little things, nothing clever.
My father (for better or worse).
Woking FC, MGGB, Pi Capital, E100, Solus.
My bottle opener.
Desert island objects
A pad and a pen, a mobile phone recharged by solar power, an instruction manual on building boats out of sand.
Winston Churchill. He was an egotistical, eccentric, obstinate, multi-talented visionary.
The Times, Christie's Magazine, Sky Sports, Classic FM, wokingfc.co.uk.
Biggest risk taken
Taking the grandchildren away for the weekend.
Bit of advising people I like, a bit of connecting; a bit of pro bono; a bit of LBS brain-stretching, then create a smart business-building opportunity and take a piece of it, then retire to watch a Western with a good bottle of wine.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
1) Messenger. 2) Ad agencies. 3) Media agencies. 4) Brand consultancy. 5) Free agent.
Should be Superman, but it's Inspector Rebus.
There aren't any. I gab about them incessantly.
Best job outside advertising
The best (and worst) is chairing Woking FC.
The grandfather of media had high ambitions for his strategic marketing agency, but found that clients were not as enthusiastic about paying for upstream advice as he'd hoped. Calling it a day was probably one of the toughest decisions in Ingram's illustrious career, but don't expect him to head for retirement any time soon.
Most expensive purchase
The Elizabeth Frink sculpture, "Walking Madonna".
Why are you good at what you do?
I join up the dots very quickly.
- Account Manager RSPB £22,000 to £26,000 per annum, Based at RSPB UK Headquarters, Sandy
- Senior Account Director - Integrated David Thatcher Recruitment to £70k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager / Senior Account Manager - Boutique Digital Agency Fill Recruitment to £35k + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Manager Stopgap £30000 - £40000 per annum, South East England
- Senior Marketing Officer Stopgap £34600 - £40834 per annum, London
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Adam & Eve/DDB grabs £100,000 prize from Posterscope