9th June 1943
Fantasy business partner
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
Lots of little things, nothing clever.
My father (for better or worse).
Woking FC, MGGB, Pi Capital, E100, Solus.
My bottle opener.
Desert island objects
A pad and a pen, a mobile phone recharged by solar power, an instruction manual on building boats out of sand.
Winston Churchill. He was an egotistical, eccentric, obstinate, multi-talented visionary.
The Times, Christie's Magazine, Sky Sports, Classic FM, wokingfc.co.uk.
Biggest risk taken
Taking the grandchildren away for the weekend.
Bit of advising people I like, a bit of connecting; a bit of pro bono; a bit of LBS brain-stretching, then create a smart business-building opportunity and take a piece of it, then retire to watch a Western with a good bottle of wine.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
1) Messenger. 2) Ad agencies. 3) Media agencies. 4) Brand consultancy. 5) Free agent.
Should be Superman, but it's Inspector Rebus.
There aren't any. I gab about them incessantly.
Best job outside advertising
The best (and worst) is chairing Woking FC.
The grandfather of media had high ambitions for his strategic marketing agency, but found that clients were not as enthusiastic about paying for upstream advice as he'd hoped. Calling it a day was probably one of the toughest decisions in Ingram's illustrious career, but don't expect him to head for retirement any time soon.
Most expensive purchase
The Elizabeth Frink sculpture, "Walking Madonna".
Why are you good at what you do?
I join up the dots very quickly.
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Head of Customer and Digital Transformation Spotlight Recruitment £80000 - £90000 per annum + 30% bonus and great benefits, London
- Senior Digital Creative/Designer Pitch Consultants £35000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, Leicestershire
- Junior Account Director, Retail, Manchester Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Manchester
- Regional Marketing Manager Mortimer Spinks £37000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Milton Keynes
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control