Former managing director
Fantasy business partner
My constructive demons.
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
W&K Amsterdam is carbon-neutral. But CO2 is not the world's most pressing problem.
KTM 990 Superduke.
Desert island objects
The novels of Patrick O'Brian, a fishing rod, and a very large box of matches.
Ronald Reagan. He ended the Cold War, and restored America's sense of self, but they're a little carried away with it these days.
The Guardian, The Economist, The West Wing, BBC World Service.
Biggest risk taken
Taking three years out to sail around the world.
Pretty much any Sunday.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
Bruce Willis. Apparently I look like him, and that's a start.
Saatchis as a junior suit; Chiat/Day LA as vice-president account planning; Wieden & Kennedy Portland as the lead suit on Nike, then Nike Inc as international marketing director. Back to Europe with Nike, then chief operating officer of Lowe Group Europe. Ouch. Founding partner of Circus, then two-and-a-half year circumnavigation on a sailboat with partner. Back, blissfully, at W&K Amsterdam since 2005.
Best job outside advertising
A difficult final quarter for Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam. The shock departure of Tim O'Kennedy was followed a week later by its creative director Al Moseley, who left to join Hurrell & Dawson in London. Under O' Kennedy, there were a few highlights. It was the only European ad agency to receive a nomination in this year's Emmy Awards, for its "happiness factory" spot for Coca-Cola.
Most expensive purchase
KTM 990 Superduke.
Why are you good at what you do?
Principled, consistent, persuasive and pretty much indefatigable.
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Adam Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Head of New Business to £70,000. Film & Commercials agency. London EC1 Mark Paine Recruitment to £70,000, EC1
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media