Chief strategy officer
+44 (0)20 7437 1317.
Eagle House, 50 Marshall Street, London, W1F 9BQ
Fantasy business partner
Niccolo Machiavelli as the new business director.
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
Bicycling to work (mainly fairweather).
Probably my family.
MCC, Third Space, High Road House.
A guitar that my wife bought me.
Desert island objects
An old guitar, a sun lounger and a panama hat.
Clement Attlee, for creating the blueprint of the welfare state.
The Guardian, The Week, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Radio Five Live, bbc.co.uk.
Biggest risk taken
Starting an agency without any clients.
Either skiing or sitting outside a restaurant in Provence.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
Robert Downey Jr.
Started at Saatchis in 1981. Launched BLM in 1991, and helped build it into a £150 million agency.
Sir Harry Flashman.
I can make a mean risotto.
Best job outside advertising
An orange squeezer at Harrods juice bar.
The founding team is still together at BLM, and Makin is the planning brains that makes it tick. His closeness to clients such as Domino's Pizza is one of the reasons for the success of his agency.
Most expensive purchase
A house in France.
Why are you good at what you do?
Inquisitive, determined and occasionally insightful.
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- B2B Campaign Manager UK Stopgap competitive + benefits, Surrey
- ARTWORKERS - DIGITAL, INTEGRATED, BRANDING Live Recruitment £competitive, England
- STUDIO MANAGERS - INTEGRATED, DIGITAL, BRANDING Live Recruitment £competitive, West Midlands
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure