Chief strategy officer
+44 (0)20 7437 1317.
Eagle House, 50 Marshall Street, London, W1F 9BQ
Fantasy business partner
Niccolo Machiavelli as the new business director.
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
Bicycling to work (mainly fairweather).
Probably my family.
MCC, Third Space, High Road House.
A guitar that my wife bought me.
Desert island objects
An old guitar, a sun lounger and a panama hat.
Clement Attlee, for creating the blueprint of the welfare state.
The Guardian, The Week, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Radio Five Live, bbc.co.uk.
Biggest risk taken
Starting an agency without any clients.
Either skiing or sitting outside a restaurant in Provence.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
Robert Downey Jr.
Started at Saatchis in 1981. Launched BLM in 1991, and helped build it into a £150 million agency.
Sir Harry Flashman.
I can make a mean risotto.
Best job outside advertising
An orange squeezer at Harrods juice bar.
The founding team is still together at BLM, and Makin is the planning brains that makes it tick. His closeness to clients such as Domino's Pizza is one of the reasons for the success of his agency.
Most expensive purchase
A house in France.
Why are you good at what you do?
Inquisitive, determined and occasionally insightful.
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £36k - £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Data Planner / Strategist Direct Recruitment £60K- £70K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Direct Recruitment £45-50k plus bonus, Homeworking/flexible UK
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'