Chief creative officer
Kitcatt Nohr Digitas
(020) 7874 3404
48-50 St John's Street, , London, , EC1M 4DG
How's your year been?
A continuing education in the irrationality of the human condition.
Learnt anything new lately?
I learnt to code – thanks to Steve Henry's course, Decoded – and it was a revelation. First, that you can learn to do it in a day (albeit to a fairly rudimentary level); but more importantly, second, that there is the most co-operative and altruistic enterprise going on all around us, internationally, pushed along by hidden hordes of people whom we unkindly term geeks and nerds, on whose extraordinary efforts most of modern life has come to depend. It reaffirms one's faith in humanit
What will be the biggest change in adland in five years?
Mobile. The computer in your pocket will be the key to everything.
What are your biggest challenges?
The trend towards more and more drawn-out pitch processes, with longer shortlists, all-singing, all-dancing chemistry meetings and the pitches that call for an answer to everything including the meaning of life.
What are you really loving right now?
London. The city found a new sense of itself this summer. It was wonderful, and long may it continue.
What's your favourite app?
Hipstamatic. Liberating, creative, a celebration of imperfection – it's absurd but beautiful.
Who's your (wo)man of the year?
Bradley Wiggins. His name! His sideburns! That thing he does with a bike!
What's the most interesting thing about you right now?
Tomorrow. Whatever's next.
What could you win a gold medal for?
After 20 years on various boards of directors, I should win a medal for endurance. But it's depressing to think of those endless afternoons in grey rooms. So I asked my family, who replied: the gravy I make. As in Sunday roast dinner.
What obsesses you?
Screen time. I'm staring at one now. We do it all day. We encourage others to do it. But not our children, whose exposure to various screens we try to limit, in favour of unmediated experience – life not through a screen. It feels like it might get lost, and what then?
What keeps you sane?
What will be your downfall?
Getting distracted while riding the above.
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Freelance Role, £300 a day. DRTV / TV ATL role MODA consult £300 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director / Group Account Director - Maternity Cover Integrated Role MODA consult £60k - £65k pro rata salary, Central London - Great Soho Location
- Senior Account Manager / Junior Account Director - Maternity Cover ATL / TV Role MODA consult £42k - £45k pro rata salary, Central London - Great Soho Location