Chairman and director of creativity
Havas Worldwide London
(020) 7240 4111
Cupola House, Alfred Place, London, , WC1E 7EB
How's your year been?
The Man's been workin' me like a Peckham bitch. I've literally worked my arse off this year and am wearing a prosthetic arse, which is several sizes too big.
Learnt anything new lately?
I have discovered Steve Henry's secret and he is giving my house a thorough dusting as I type this.
What will be the biggest change in adland in five years?
More a restoration than a change. We have to get people inside and outside the business to love what we do and believe in it again. I fear we have become merely the price you pay for the content you actually value.
What are your biggest challenges?
Without fear of contradiction, I'd say self-doubt. That, and getting rid of this huge arse.
What are you really loving right now?
Breaking Bad. Parade's End. Ian McEwan's Sweet Tooth, Alabama Shakes and the Talking Heads retrospective currently playing on my iPod.
What's your favourite app?
BBC iPlayer. The best of Britain's culture and commentary in your pocket and it's free. I know there's the licence to pay but if that isn't the best value for money in the world, I don't know what is.
Who's your (wo)man of the year?
Olympic gold medalist Nicola Adams for her humility, courage and determination. And that face, that cheeky, sunny, smiling face.
What's the most interesting thing about you right now?
I may be approaching the very peak of my earthly powers.
What could you win a gold medal for?
What obsesses you?
I'm an extremely laid-back individual until I hear someone in the coffee queue say "Can I get?" instead of "May I have?"
What keeps you sane?
There's this little monkey in my head that says: "It's not you Gez, it's those fucking nutters out there."
What will be your downfall?
Small mammals. Or maybe a meteorite. Opinion is divided.
- Head Of Communications - PR and Digital Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager - Retail Advertising Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., South East England
- CONTENT QA - GERMAN SPEAKING Live Recruitment £15000 - £18000 per annum + Benefits, Birmingham
- WEBSITE ASSISTANT - ARABIC SPEAKING Live Recruitment £14000 - £16500 per annum + Benefits, Birmingham
- MIDDLEWEIGHT 3D DESIGNER - EVENTS Live Recruitment Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'