Chairman and chief executive
+6 565 332 200.
Temasek Tower, 8 Shenton Way, Singapore, 068811
1st January 1962
Fantasy business partner
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
I invested in a company called Climate Change Capital five years ago. It was set up by a friend to trade carbon credits and to manage investments in eco-friendly companies. I step on planes four times a week. I do so with a clearer conscience and a slightly heavier wallet.
Singapore Island Country Club.
Bose sound system.
Desert island objects
My kitesurfer. My wife. And my children.
Margaret Thatcher, for clarity of purpose and ability to implement.
The Week, The Economist, BBC World, Service, Google News (I am an expat).
Biggest risk taken
Kitesurfing 26 miles from Rottnest Island to Perth in Western Australia.
Perth Western Australia. 4.30am alarm. 5.00am, tee off with my wife and four children. 10.00am brunch. Snooze. 12.30pm rig kitesurfer. 1.00pm to 6.00pm kitesurf the Freemantle Doctor. 7.30pm steak, bottle of Cape Mentelle. 10.00pm check alarm is set. Bed.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
I dread to think.
Eleven years spent at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO as it grew into the most successful agency in London. A rollercoaster at Ammirat Puris Lintas soon to be renamed Lowe Lintas. Three years at Proximity London learning that some of the smartest people in the communications business work in what is laughably called "below the line". Nearly two years in Asia, in the most dynamic region in the world.
Ayn Rand's John Galt.
I try not to hide any of the limited talent I have available.
Best job outside advertising
Currently looking at BBDO's shortcomings in Asia a region with huge growth potential in typical high-octane fashion. Ebullient, and with a laugh capable of being heard the length and breadth of the Pacific, he has a reputation for being both indefatigable and undeflated by pressure.
Most expensive purchase
A 16-foot Taipan racing catamaran.
Why are you good at what you do?
I love it. Every minute of it.
- Account Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, Liverpool
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £35000 - £40000 per annum, Liverpool
- Account Manager Pitch Consultants £23000 - £27000 per annum, Liverpool
- Head of Customer Marketing Stopgap £80000 per annum, London
- Account Manager- Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £26k - £32k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch