Non-executive director (COI); freelance research consultant
+44 (0)20 8940 8040.
18 Grosvenor Road, Richmond, TW10 6PB
13th July 1947
Blood on the Tracks, Bob Dylan.
Far Tortuga by Peter Matthiessen.
Breakfast radio show
Various non-advertising jobs; 1979-1981: Planner, McCann Erickson; 1981-1983: Sailing the Atlantic; 1983-1985: Deputy planning director, Grandfield Rork Collins; 1985-1992: Executive planning director, Saatchi & Saatchi. Wrote IPA Women in Advertising. 1992-1994: Sailing the Pacific; 1994-1999: Executive planning director and vice-chairman, Saatchi & Saatchi. IPA Council, Chairman Value of Advertising committee. 1999-2005: Chairman Hall & Partners; 2003 to date: Non-executive director, COI; 2006: Wrote Magic and Logic (IPA/ISBA/CIPS).
The Guardian, Weekend Financial Times.
Husband, sister, brother.
Honda Diesel 'hate something, change something'.
The GPS on my boat.
Managing to stay in advertising after the age of 50.
Campaign (what else?).
Most humbling experience
Sailing with disabled people.
The West Wing.
Meteorological Office (for the Shipping Forecast).
What car do you own
BMW 323i coupe; Mercedes A Class.
What principle defines your working life
Work hard, be useful.
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- EVENT PRODUCER - AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- SENIOR PLANNER - AGENCY - BRISTOL - £55K Salt £55000 per annum, Bristol
- Social media manager f1 Recruitment up to £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Insights Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits, Buckinghamshire
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- WPP launches Xaxis Audio with Global
- Manning Gottlieb OMD, MediaCom and PHD head shortlist for 2015 Thinkbox TV Planning Awards
- Publicis Chemistry's CEO Mike Welsh exits
- Judges rail against 'sexed up' work at D&AD open sessions