Non-executive director (COI); freelance research consultant
+44 (0)20 8940 8040.
18 Grosvenor Road, Richmond, TW10 6PB
13th July 1947
Blood on the Tracks, Bob Dylan.
Far Tortuga by Peter Matthiessen.
Breakfast radio show
Various non-advertising jobs; 1979-1981: Planner, McCann Erickson; 1981-1983: Sailing the Atlantic; 1983-1985: Deputy planning director, Grandfield Rork Collins; 1985-1992: Executive planning director, Saatchi & Saatchi. Wrote IPA Women in Advertising. 1992-1994: Sailing the Pacific; 1994-1999: Executive planning director and vice-chairman, Saatchi & Saatchi. IPA Council, Chairman Value of Advertising committee. 1999-2005: Chairman Hall & Partners; 2003 to date: Non-executive director, COI; 2006: Wrote Magic and Logic (IPA/ISBA/CIPS).
The Guardian, Weekend Financial Times.
Husband, sister, brother.
Honda Diesel 'hate something, change something'.
The GPS on my boat.
Managing to stay in advertising after the age of 50.
Campaign (what else?).
Most humbling experience
Sailing with disabled people.
The West Wing.
Meteorological Office (for the Shipping Forecast).
What car do you own
BMW 323i coupe; Mercedes A Class.
What principle defines your working life
Work hard, be useful.
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Retail Space Analyst Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + car + benefits, Nottinghamshire
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Upto £90K + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned