Chairman of the board, chief executive and president
+1 418 647 2727.
801 Grande Allee West, Suite 200, Quebec, G1S 1C1
29th July 1949
Fantasy business partner
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
I take personal responsibility for the environment and I try to recycle as much as I can. We have a green policy in place at Cossette and we are working to improve it.
Marie, my life partner for 40 years.
I'm a member of a golf club with only 50 members.
No contest. My BlackBerry.
Desert island objects
Satellite phone, surfboard, family photo album.
John F Kennedy. He was a man of great passion.
The only TV show I watch is 24. I read Time Magazine and the Wall Street Journal. And I listen to CBC Radio. My favorite website is the one I go to most often, cossette.com.
Biggest risk taken
At 22 years of age, borrowing $5,000 to invest in a small graphic design company that was going nowhere and asking five other partners also young men who were early in their careers to do the same so that together we could build a successful communications company.
Helicopter snowboarding in the Canadian Rockies with my three sons.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
I have spent my entire career building Cossette, so my personal career highlights are also Cossette's. These moments would include our first expansion out of Quebec City to open an office in Montreal, which had never been done before. And later expanding to Toronto and Vancouver to become a truly national agency. Going public was a highlight, as was our first overseas acquisition in the UK. Also, opening in New York. But the greatest highlights still come from being associated with talented and dedicated people, and inspiring clients for all those years.
Best job outside advertising
I taught people how to ride horses and jump at a summer camp in the US.
The big cheese at Cossette Communications really hit Campaign's radar earlier this year when he beat bigger suitors to buy Dare for around $21 million. With Dare, Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy, Identica and Band & Brown in his UK portfolio, all eyes will be on how the UK elements are pulled together into a unified offering.
Most expensive purchase
A seven-handicap golf swing, which I acquired through a series of intense golf lessons in Orlando after picking up the sport in my mid-thirties.
Why are you good at what you do?
I bring passion to everything I do.
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Media Planner/Buyer required to work on Fashion/Retail Brands Ultimate Asset £24000 - £28000 per annum + great benefits package, London
- Grad/Media Executive required to work on Fashion/Retail Brands Ultimate Asset £21000 - £24000 per annum + great benefits package, London
- Account Director - Freelance Role, £300 a day. DRTV / TV ATL role MODA consult £300 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)