Member – WPP Advisory Board
To continue enjoying this article, please sign in below. You can register for free, giving you limited further access to news, or subscribe now for full access to all our content. View our subscription options.
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Midweight Front End Developer- salary up to £35k Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Executive - Sports PR f1 Recruitment Dependant on experience , London
- Marketing Manager - Interim Brand Recruitment circa £300 - £350 per day , Luton
- Lead Business Analyst Hays Information Technology £37500.00 - £40000.00 per annum, Dorset
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Heinz brings back invisible bottle of tomato ketchup
- Polycell gets cheeky in crack-filler campaign
- Initiative scoops Amazon global media business
All aboard Marissa Mayer’s Yahoo acquisition train
Marissa Mayer certainly knew what was coming when Yahoo announced its $1.1bn (£723m / 857m euros) purchase of blogging platform Tumblr earlier this week. Rather than waiting for the critics to pounce, she issued a rather succinct, clear and highly quotable message proactively: “we promise not to screw it up”.