Television: LateRooms.com looks to TV to become 'go to' choice
By Thinkbox, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 29 September 2010 12:26PM
CASE STUDY - LateRooms.com debut use of TV to give it an awareness boost led to a 70% increase in bookings.
A TV campaign made the online brand's PPC strategy more profitable and LateRooms.com instantly more "famous" – bookings increased by 70% and web visits by 49%.
LateRooms.com had never advertised on TV before, but stiff competition from rivals with bigger media spends had forced it to reassess its media strategy.
With the likes of booking.com and hotels.com investing heavily in both TV and pay-per-click (PPC), there was a fear that unless it raised its game, LateRooms.com would become "out of sight, out of mind". While it had used PPC, press and digital campaign elements before, it needed to add a new medium to boost brand awareness.
Against an overall aim to establish the brand as the "go to" choice for accommodation booking, LateRooms.com wanted to deliver a profit of £10m and raise brand awareness to 46% (from 38% in the previous year).
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- CREATIVE DIRECTORS Live Recruitment Negotiable, England
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £23000 - £28000 per annum + BENS, Surrey
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER - AGENCY Live Recruitment £NEG + BENEFITS, Hertfordshire
- DESIGNER - AGENCY Live Recruitment DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, North West England
- DESIGNERS - DIGITAL, INTEGRATED AND PRINT Live Recruitment £competitive, West Midlands
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers