School Reports 2011: Tullo Marshall Warren
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 September 2011 08:00AM
Tullo Marshall Warren spent most of 2009 reshaping its offering, and entered 2010 with a new positioning and a renewed sense of confidence.
|Agency fact file: Tullo Marshall Warren|
|Type of agency||Multi-discipline|
|Key personnel||Paul Tullo chief creative officer|
|Richard Marshall partner|
|Chris Warren chief executive|
|Chris Freeland managing director|
|Ross Taylor chief digital officer|
|The Nielsen Company billings 2010||£24m|
|The Nielsen Company billings 2009||£17m|
|Total accounts at year end||15|
|Accounts won||5 (biggest: Pfizer)|
|Number of staff||262 (+1%)|
This confidence turned out to be fully justified with a strong new-business year, which saw the agency secure work from brands including Pfizer, Sony and Abbott Healthcare, and further cement its relationship with Diageo and Unilever.
From Unilever, TMW picked up the direct and digital work for Bertolli, Knorr, Colman's and I Can't Believe it's Not Butter, while from Diageo, it won a CRM brief for Guinness. No mean feat following a Diageo DM roster review, which saw the company consolidate its below-the-line business into just two shops.
The agency was also resilient when it came to retaining business, and ended the year with no losses. However, Nissan, one of TMW's biggest accounts, did contact agencies in July ahead of a planned review, before shelving the process later in the year. This has subsequently been reignited.
Having made a number of significant changes to its creative department in 2009, the standard of TMW's work notably improved in 2010, particularly in digital. Among its best campaigns was a series of online films for Lynx starring The Real Hustle's Jessica Jane Clement and a pan-European digital campaign for Nissan Infiniti promoting the new "M" model.
TMW has for a long time enjoyed a reputation as one of the strongest direct marketing agencies in the industry, and thanks to some sensible decision-making and a stable management base, it should maintain this status in 2011.
Score last year: 6
How Tullo Marshall Warren rates itself: 8
"A significant year for the agency. A new positioning, 'Intelligent Influence', offering a more sophisticated approach to engaging consumers with brands. Many high-profile campaigns, with Lynx being recognised with a Webby and other multiple awards. Excellent new-business wins from Diageo and Unilever, including a move into the fast-growing Shopper Marketing space to support real 'end-to-end' customer journeys. Increasing collaboration with other Creston Group businesses to strengthen and amplify the agency's offering."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Marketing - Central Europe Salt £65000 - £100000 per annum + dependent on location, London
- Events Marketing Manager Salt £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- Associate Creative Director MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary , United Arab Emirates
- Design Director MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary , Europe / France / United Arab Emirates / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts