School Reports 2011: CMW
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 September 2011 08:00AM
If 2009 was the year that CMW propelled itself back into the limelight, then 2010 was the year that it cemented its place as one of the strongest DM agencies in the industry.
|Type of agency||Communications|
|Company ownership||Media Square|
|Key personnel||Martin Nieri managing director|
|Paul Vallois business development director|
|Ben Rachel planning director|
|Iain Hunter creative director|
|Jamie Bell creative director|
|Total accounts at year end||14|
|Accounts won||7 (biggest: Kellogg)|
|Number of staff||78 (+4%)|
CMW's success came in part thanks to an extremely strong new-business year, in which it won the global integrated advertising for Aviva's investment division, as well as digital work from Kellogg UK, Channel 5, McCain, Trebor and Nivea.
The wins, many of which came through pitches against major agencies, underlined CMW's growing new business prowess. It impressed with its ability to take on and beat specialist digital and social media shops, as well as the more traditional DM agencies.
With their feet now firmly under the table, the creative directors, Jamie Bell and Iain Hunter, have helped evolve CMW's creative product so that the agency is comfortable working across a range of disciplines. It proved this with strong digital campaigns for Kellogg's Krave, Nivea and Cadbury, a press campaign for Breakthrough Breast Cancer starring Kylie Minogue (which generated widespread press coverage), as well as through traditional direct mail for Peugeot.
The creative team was also boosted further in July when CMW hired DLKW's Gayle While as its new head of digital.
So what next for CMW? The agency has worked hard to put in place a strong management team and has built an impressive creative portfolio and greater depth on its client list. The big challenge is to continue demonstrating a breadth of expertise in 2011, and also work on further expanding some of its existing relationships.
Score last year: 8
How CMW rates itself: 8
"2010 was another great year for new-business growth with Kellogg, Aviva Investors, McCain Foods and paddypower.com being added to the client portfolio.Our digital capabilities were further strengthened with broad scale recruitment in this area, most notably Gayle While, the head of digital, leading to an increase in integrated campaigns and social media strategies.Income and profits both increased despite a significant reduction in COI campaigns and we achieved 100 per cent client retention."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Director - specialist integrated agency JEFFERSON £60-75k plus benefits dependent on experience, Based just outside Kingston Upon Thames
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers