School Reports 2011: Kitcatt Nohr Digitas
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 September 2011 08:00AM
Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw's fortunes and agency shape were radically changed this month when it was bought by Publicis Groupe and merged with Digitas. But looking back at last year, 2010 was a low-key event.
|Agency fact file: Kitcatt Nohr Digitas|
|Type of agency||Integrated|
|Company ownership||Publicis Groupe (VivaKi)|
|Key personnel||Paul Kitcatt chief creative officer|
|Marc Nohr chief executive|
|Vonnie Alexander chief client officer|
|Jeremy Shaw commercial director|
|The Nielsen Company billings 2010||Kitcatt Nohr: £2m|
|The Nielsen Company billings 2009||Kitcatt Nohr: £1m|
|Declared income||Kitcatt Nohr: £6.1m|
|Total accounts at year end||Kitcatt Nohr: 17|
|Accounts won||Kitcatt Nohr: 8 (biggest: Visit Wales)|
|Accounts lost||Kitcatt Nohr: 0|
|Number of staff||Kitcatt Nohr: 70; Digitas: 80 (n/a)|
It began promisingly after the agency found itself on the pitchlists for Visit Wales and Charles Tyrwhitt, both of which it won. In fact, the Visit Wales direct marketing account from Partners Andrews Aldridge was Kitcatt Nohr's biggest win of the year.
In April, the agency went on to take the WaterAid DM account. The work, which featured a remote-controlled poo chasing people around the streets of London and an African child singing a sober version of "The Diarrhoea Song", went on to win a Thinkbox award and the virals were also nominated for YouTube Ad of the Year.
Kitcatt Nohr's charity winning streak continued when it picked up RNIB's DM business, one of eight account wins across 2010.
But, unlike previous years, the agency failed to land a big blue-chip account. Instead, in 2010, Kitcatt Nohr focused its attention on its existing clients, producing innovative work for Waitrose, including a Facebook app called "Heston's Prize Pudding", and an emotive TV campaign for Age Concern.
It was enough to attract the eye of Publicis. The new Kitcatt Nohr Digitas will be part of Publicis Groupe's move to a more collaborative offering across disciplines. 2011 will be about establishing where exactly it fits into that.
Score last year: 7
How Kitcatt Nohr Digitas rates itself: 7
"'The year began with baleful auguries ... ' We were told it would be dreadful - a double-dip recession; the sky would fall in. And the weather obediently froze us solid. But what's a crisis for, if not to precipitate change? We won eight new accounts. Our media choices included a remote-controlled turd, a Christmas pudding and a tea towel. Social work was suddenly cool. Then it froze again. More change is coming. Good."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Planner The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, West End
- Account Manager The Great & The Good £30000 - £35000 per annum, West End
- Senior Marketing Officer x 2 Comic Relief 35,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad