Marc Nohr, Kitcatt Nohr Digitas
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 November 2011 08:00AM
Kitcatt Nohr's chief executive on working with Nelson Mandela, Mohamed Al-Fayed and Pippin the dog.
Name: Marc Nohr
Job: Chief executive, Kitcatt Nohr Digitas
- The reason I got into advertising was ...it seemed to be the obvious choice for a would-be renaissance man who had tried acting, music, journalism, publishing and starting a small business all before the age of 21.
- The campaign I'm most proud of working on is ...the election of Nelson Mandela and the ANC in South Africa's first democratic election. In the commercial realm, new launches for Waitrose, John Lewis, Virgin and Lexus all filled me with joy.
- And the campaign I pretend I wasn't responsible for is ...the relaunch of Punch magazine when Al-Fayed bought it in 1996. The magazine was a lethal mix of The Spectator and Loaded.
And the campaign was just as ill-conceived and shortlived.
- My favourite campaign created by someone else is ...the election of Barack Obama (is there a theme emerging here?). In the commercial realm, I loved the launch of the Apple iPod.
- The best moment of my career so far was ...having some of the nation's most admired brands choose our agency as their preferred partner.
- While the most embarrassing moment was ...congratulating a client on being pregnant, when she wasn't. It was a true Larry David moment.
- The best celebrity I've worked with on a campaign is ...most charming? Jeremy Irons. Hairiest? Pippin the dog. Most precious? I'll stop there ...
- The person I'd most like to work with in the industry is ...I am already working with them.
- The person who's had the biggest influence on my career is ...probably my late father.
- The best piece of advice I've received during my career is ...never listen to your father.
- If I wasn't working in advertising, I'd be ...a student. Or an entrepreneur. Or both.
- In ten years' time, I'll be ...Resisting the temptation to do it all over again.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Data Analyst and Campaign Executive Direct Recruitment £30,000-£40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Communications Manager Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, City of London
- Facebook creates first British TV campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: Nasa sun explosion film enters the chart
- Gogglebox's Stephen and Chris launch EE TV
- Tiffany continues story of gay couple in TV ad
- Cannes Lions launches 'cheaper than redundancy' campaign
- Archant hires former ITV sales director as first chief commercial officer