Brand barometer: Social media performance of Mercedes-Benz
A look at the performance of Mercedes-Benz in social media over the past four months.
Social brand tracker
Mercedes is aiming to reach a young audience via social apps. There is no general Facebook age specifically for its UK audience, despite it having 19,000 followers of its Twitter feed @Mercedes-BenzUK. The appetite for online interaction is clearly there, with 72,000 users having played its Escape The Map game in four weeks.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity, in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial
The Social Media Reputation (SMR) score provides a benchmark to gauge brands' respective popularity.
The score is derived by averaging the noise around a brand (reach) with its popularity (satisfaction).
Then the numbers from the last month are compared to the previous three months to apply a topical adjustment (recency).
An algorithm and some more human analysis later produces the SMR score.
To boost accuracy, a representative sample of the automated sentiment data is validated by Yomego's expert team.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Manager Major Players £36000 - £41000 per annum, London
- Trade Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £23000 - £28000 per annum, Bury St. Edmunds
- Account Executive AF Selection £16,000 - £20,000, South Birmingham
- Junior Planner Recipe Advertising 19-21k, Oxford Circus
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office