School Reports 2012: Proximity London
Last year, Proximity was on an upward trajectory. Celebrating its 20th anniversary was just one of the highlights for the Omnicom-owned shop.
|Agency factfile: Proximity London|
|Type of agency||Direct and digital|
|Key personnel||Mike Dodds chief executive|
|Lou Barber chairman|
|Chris Slough managing director|
|Caitlin Ryan executive creative director|
|Nielsen billings 2011||£33m|
|Nielsen billings 2010||£22m|
|Total accounts at year end||56|
|Accounts won||3 (biggest: Braun, Zoom)|
|Number of staff||232 (+2%)|
Proximity also began working on its new and biggest client, Lloyds TSB, which it won at the end of 2010.
One of Proximity's strengths is a solid management team, driven by its chief executive, Mike Dodds. Recent promotions have also strengthened the agency's proposition. These included the elevation of Lou Barber from managing director to chairman, with the deputy managing director, Chris Slough, replacing Barber as the managing director.
Caitlin Ryan, the executive creative director, has also been behind some strong work for the agency in 2011.
A campaign for Volkswagen included a business-to-business e-mail campaign that allowed recipients to take a test drive in the e-mail. The campaign brought the VW models to life in digital form, which included more than 12,000 combinations of the car. The personalised drive was VW Group's best-performing CRM programme to date.
Despite spending most of the year bedding in Lloyds, the agency also picked up new business for Braun, Wrigley and Max Factor, and increased existing client business with Orange, Kraft and Procter & Gamble.
Proximity has proved over the past two years why it's hot property as a direct marketing agency. The challenge for the agency in 2012 will be to raise its game even further by winning lots more new business to make sure it remains on fire.
Score last year: 8
How Proximity London rates itself: 8
"Incredible year, including double-digit growth across seven of our ten accounts, the number-one spot in the new-business league tables for direct agencies, and exceptional creative performance in DMAs, DMA Echos, Caples, Grocers and Campaign Big with 19 awards. Strengthened the team with the managing director Chris Slough, a new head of content, technical director, e-commerce specialist, senior planners and creative teams. Named a top 50 'best place to work' and our 20th year ended up being our best yet."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer - World Renowned Branding Agency (London) Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + BENEFITS AND BONUS SCHEME, East London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs