Brand barometer: Social media performance of Special K
A look at the performance of Special K in social media over the past four months.
NOVEMBER - Special K attempted to drive conversation on Facebook through general conversation, although engagement was limited. Early discussion took place online about the new 'My Special K' website.
DECEMBER - My Special K went live. A free service looking to undercut Weight Watchers, it was backed by a £5m campaign.
FEBRUARY - Special K partnered third-party sites such as Netmums, running competitions to raise brand awareness.
My Special K's revamp highlights Kellogg's ambition to become the leading healthy-eating and lifestyle advice site, although its Facebook integration seems somewhat underused. A social element on the site is missing, with no friend integration or messaging function. Introducing a community aspect could drive conversation and promote engagement throughout social media.
The Social Media Reputation (SMR) score provides a benchmark to gauge brands' respective popularity.
The score is derived by averaging the noise around a brand (reach) with its popularity (satisfaction).
Then the numbers from the last month are compared to the previous three months to apply a topical adjustment (recency).
An algorithm and some more human analysis later produces the SMR score.
To boost accuracy, a representative sample of the automated sentiment data is validated by Yomego's expert team.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- GRAPHIC/MULTIMEDIA DESIGNER (Branding, Print, Digital, Video) Creative Recruitment £30000 - £33000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Artworker Michael Page Digital £25000 - £30000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Middleweight Designer Michael Page Digital £25000 - £35000 per annum, Manchester