Brand barometer: Social media performance of Special K
A look at the performance of Special K in social media over the past four months.
NOVEMBER - Special K attempted to drive conversation on Facebook through general conversation, although engagement was limited. Early discussion took place online about the new 'My Special K' website.
DECEMBER - My Special K went live. A free service looking to undercut Weight Watchers, it was backed by a £5m campaign.
FEBRUARY - Special K partnered third-party sites such as Netmums, running competitions to raise brand awareness.
My Special K's revamp highlights Kellogg's ambition to become the leading healthy-eating and lifestyle advice site, although its Facebook integration seems somewhat underused. A social element on the site is missing, with no friend integration or messaging function. Introducing a community aspect could drive conversation and promote engagement throughout social media.
The Social Media Reputation (SMR) score provides a benchmark to gauge brands' respective popularity.
The score is derived by averaging the noise around a brand (reach) with its popularity (satisfaction).
Then the numbers from the last month are compared to the previous three months to apply a topical adjustment (recency).
An algorithm and some more human analysis later produces the SMR score.
To boost accuracy, a representative sample of the automated sentiment data is validated by Yomego's expert team.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Planner, Top London Creative Agency Direct Recruitment £50,000-£65,000, London (Greater)
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers