Brand Barometer: Social media performance of Creme Egg
A look at the performance of Creme Egg in social media over the past four months
Conversation was minimal, although die-hard fans began to count down to 'Creme Egg Season'
The 'Goo Games' launched, with a 'cracking' opening ceremony. 'Creme Egg' trended on Twitter toward the end of the month
Cadbury participated in the first wave of Twitter's roll-out of UK brand pages. It used the page to promote the TV ad for 'Goo Games', along with an Olympic ticket competition
As Easter approached, Creme Egg's Facebook game gathered pace, with weekly prizes for top scorers
Cadbury's tie-in with London 2012 is ideal for the Creme Egg brand, with a range of videos on Facebook featuring 'suicidal' eggs performing different events. It will be interesting to see whether the campaign is extended after the traditional finishing line of Easter Sunday in this, an Olympic year.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial
The Social Media Reputation (SMR) score provides a benchmark to gauge brands' respective popularity.
The score is derived by averaging the noise around a brand (reach) with its popularity (satisfaction).
Then the numbers from the last month are compared to the previous three months to apply a topical adjustment (recency).
An algorithm and some more human analysis later produces the SMR score.
To boost accuracy, a representative sample of the automated sentiment data is validated by Yomego's expert team.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Creative Team Apple & Ink £35-£45,000 , London
- Senior Manager- Analysis & Insight Direct Recruitment £50,000 + bens, Cambridgeshire
- Global Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Regional Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, Asia
- Planning Manager - Healthcare PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Chinese marketing company buys We Are Social
- Meerkats welcome baby in Christmas day Comparethemarket.com ad
- DraftFCB acquires Inferno to run London
- ESI Media to handle London Live sales in-house
- VCCP's Thornton credits Bailes with O2's Campaign of the Year success
- Google reveals most searched-for events in 2013 Zeitgeist campaign