Brand Barometer: Social media performance of Creme Egg
A look at the performance of Creme Egg in social media over the past four months
Conversation was minimal, although die-hard fans began to count down to 'Creme Egg Season'
The 'Goo Games' launched, with a 'cracking' opening ceremony. 'Creme Egg' trended on Twitter toward the end of the month
Cadbury participated in the first wave of Twitter's roll-out of UK brand pages. It used the page to promote the TV ad for 'Goo Games', along with an Olympic ticket competition
As Easter approached, Creme Egg's Facebook game gathered pace, with weekly prizes for top scorers
Cadbury's tie-in with London 2012 is ideal for the Creme Egg brand, with a range of videos on Facebook featuring 'suicidal' eggs performing different events. It will be interesting to see whether the campaign is extended after the traditional finishing line of Easter Sunday in this, an Olympic year.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial
The Social Media Reputation (SMR) score provides a benchmark to gauge brands' respective popularity.
The score is derived by averaging the noise around a brand (reach) with its popularity (satisfaction).
Then the numbers from the last month are compared to the previous three months to apply a topical adjustment (recency).
An algorithm and some more human analysis later produces the SMR score.
To boost accuracy, a representative sample of the automated sentiment data is validated by Yomego's expert team.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Director- Ceative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £50k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager- Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £28k - £34k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Executive - Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £21k - £24k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director- Ceative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £40k - £45k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager- Creative Integrated Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £26k - £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Dave Trott at Ad Week Europe: Ads have become overcomplicated