Brand Barometer: Social media performance of Virgin Money
A look at the performance of Virgin Money in social media over the past four months
Virgin's purchase of Northern Rock was questioned by the National Audit Office as it left taxpayers facing a potential loss of more than £400m.
There was a spike in mentions and reach score this month as Virgin Money announced a two-year sponsorship deal with Newcastle United FC.
Virgin Money used Facebook to unveil its customer lounge in Manchester.
Conversations about the Virgin London Marathon in April began to crop up, with Twitter and Facebook used to promote sponsorship.
Although Virgin Money added the London Marathon to its Timeline on 16 March, conversation about it on Facebook is limited. Customer satisfaction in social is high, showing the benefit of a dedicated social-service team. Although it is a recent entrant to the banking sector, Virgin Money has been quick to find its feet in social media.
The Social Media Reputation (SMR) score provides a benchmark to gauge brands' respective popularity.
The score is derived by averaging the noise around a brand (reach) with its popularity (satisfaction).
Then the numbers from the last month are compared to the previous three months to apply a topical adjustment (recency).
An algorithm and some more human analysis later produces the SMR score.
To boost accuracy, a representative sample of the automated sentiment data is validated by Yomego's expert team.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Client Director Major Players Ã‚£65000 - Ã‚£75000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £26000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits, City Of London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players Ã‚£25000 - Ã‚£30000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Coordinator,Construction, London, £28k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £28000 per annum, Benefits: benefits, London
- Customer Insight analyst Stopgap £29400 per annum, South East England
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake