Brand Barometer: Social media performance of Virgin Money
A look at the performance of Virgin Money in social media over the past four months
Virgin's purchase of Northern Rock was questioned by the National Audit Office as it left taxpayers facing a potential loss of more than £400m.
There was a spike in mentions and reach score this month as Virgin Money announced a two-year sponsorship deal with Newcastle United FC.
Virgin Money used Facebook to unveil its customer lounge in Manchester.
Conversations about the Virgin London Marathon in April began to crop up, with Twitter and Facebook used to promote sponsorship.
Although Virgin Money added the London Marathon to its Timeline on 16 March, conversation about it on Facebook is limited. Customer satisfaction in social is high, showing the benefit of a dedicated social-service team. Although it is a recent entrant to the banking sector, Virgin Money has been quick to find its feet in social media.
The Social Media Reputation (SMR) score provides a benchmark to gauge brands' respective popularity.
The score is derived by averaging the noise around a brand (reach) with its popularity (satisfaction).
Then the numbers from the last month are compared to the previous three months to apply a topical adjustment (recency).
An algorithm and some more human analysis later produces the SMR score.
To boost accuracy, a representative sample of the automated sentiment data is validated by Yomego's expert team.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Blue Tree Recruits £30,000 - £35,000, Guildford, Surrey
- Account Director Blue Tree Recruits £40,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Junior Artworker Blue Tree Recruits £18,000 plus benefits , Theale, Reading
- Brand and Advertising Manager - Global Technology Innovator Ninesharp £52000 - £58000 per annum + Bonus, Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Account Manager createselect Up to £40K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad