Brand Barometer: Social media performance of Duracell
A look at the performance of Duracell in social media over the past four months.
Duracell’s presence is managed through several social accounts worldwide. The UK Facebook page is managed by ‘The Duracell Bunny’, and adopts a fun and informal approach. It appears to be working, with regular engagement and content attracting 21,000 fans, not to mention a notable spike in conversation throughout April.
January - Audi's 'Vampire Party' ad made its debut ahead of the 2012 Super Bowl. The commercial aired on TV in the US, but was discussed around the world via social media.
February - The unveiling of Audi's new TT RS Plus on 9 February created another spike in mentions on social.
March - Audi struck a deal to give it first rights to buy Italian superbike manufacturer Ducati. Seen as a 'bold move', it created positive discussion on Twitter, though at lower levels than previous months. The deal was confirmed in April.
April - Audi used its UK Facebook page to show behind-the-scenes images from its 'Ugly Duckling' ad before unveiling it on 1 April. Conversation around the ad was minimal, however.
The Social Media Reputation (SMR) score provides a benchmark to gauge brands' respective popularity.
The score is derived by averaging the noise around a brand (reach) with its popularity (satisfaction).
Then the numbers from the last month are compared to the previous three months to apply a topical adjustment (recency).
An algorithm and some more human analysis later produces the SMR score.
To boost accuracy, a representative sample of the automated sentiment data is validated by Yomego's expert team.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Technical Artworker Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Pro Rata £25-28k, Bromley
- Project Executive Purple Consultancy £22000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant