Why we're loving ... Tony Malcolm and Guy Moore creatives, Leo Burnett
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 May 2012 08:00AM
Why: Malcolm and Moore have created two films in the "you can't ignore what's under your nose" campaign promoting a documentary, Cocaine Unwrapped, to get UK cocaine users to be aware of the consequences of their habit on people thousands of miles away. The idea is to take the cool out of cocaine.
How: They say: "Along with a whole bunch of very talented people, we created three pieces of work that teed up the documentary film Cocaine Unwrapped. Under the very hard-hitting fact that one line equals one life, two films - one called 'the machine' and the other 'run for your life' - were shown alongside a piece of sound design. They all answered the line: 'You can't ignore what's under your nose.' After watching these films, people will now be able to make a more informed decision as to whether or not they want to fuel a problem that has been raging out of control for decades."
Inside MALCOLM and MOORE
The reason I got into advertising was ...
TM: I was good at art and went to college. I didn't want to be a copper like my dad. GM: I was good at art and went to college. I didn't want to be a criminal like my dad.
I'm really inspired by ...
TM: General life and observing people. I love to run and think. GM: The heavens. As a member of NASA, I receive the maddest pictures on the planet.
The biggest influence on my career has been ...
TM: Spike Milligan and Vincent van Gogh are my heroes. GM: My kids. They are the best barometer of whether I'm doing poo, and keep me young.
My favourite film is ...
TM: It's a toss-up between It's A Wonderful Life and ET. GM: Midnight Cowboy. Some of the best editing and sound design ever. "Where's that Joe Buck?"
You probably don't know this but ...
TM: I've rowed the Channel and was caught up in the tsunami of 2004. GM: Tony's dad probably nicked my dad.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - various accounts - up to £30k + bens Barker Graves Up to £30k plus bens, Central London
- Account Manager - Global Omnichannel Marketing Analytics Leader Recruitment Revolution £25,000 to £35,000 + 10% bonus + pension, Brighton, East Sussex
- Community Marketing Coordinator - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Advertising Technology Executive - Media Owner (Music & Ents) Silverdrum Up to £35,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- Johnny Fearless closes after client departure
- WPP launches Xaxis Audio with Global
- Google aims to hold brands' hands with 'programmatic playbook'
- Manning Gottlieb OMD, MediaCom and PHD head shortlist for 2015 Thinkbox TV Planning Awards