Brand Barometer: Social media performance of Carlsberg
A look at the performance of Carlsberg in social media over the past four months.
The 100-day countdown to the start of Euro 2012 began on 29 February. Carlsberg, the official beer of the England team, launched a free Euro 2012 app, offering exclusive content and news.
Carlsberg's Facebook page offered fans the chance to win a VIP football trip to Liverpool FC. The posts highlighting the competition received more than 800 'likes' and 100 'shares', as Carlsberg looked to maximise its links with the club.
'Carlsberg don't make ...' chatter from fans being creative with the brand's old strapline on social media kept its score high.
Carlsberg debuted its new ad ahead of Euro 2012, showing the makings of a perfect fan. Featuring an array of famous faces including Ian Wright, Des Lynam and Stuart Pearce, it proved a hit on Twitter.
Carlsberg's social-media approach and £35m marketing budget ahead of Euro 2012 has clearly improved the lager brand's reach. Attracting its 500,000th Facebook fan in April, an increasing SMR score is testament to the brand's online strategy.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Client / Team Marketing Manager - Global Digital Marketing Brand Recruitment Revolution up to £45,000 per annum + 10% bonus,Pension,Medical,Dental, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager : Field Staff & In Store Activation : Global Sport Brand Dylan IRO £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Design Manager -SPORT - London - £50-60K Salt £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Director of Marketing, Design, London, £80k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £70000 - £80000 per annum, Benefits: +excellent benefits, London
- Tesco moves £90m media account to MediaCom
- Viacom pulls plug on C5 sales: more than 90 jobs to go
- Battersea's digital dog 'follows' shoppers in outdoor campaign
- Lego launches Facebook campaign that asks kids to create a kronkiwongi
- Pedigree launches global 'feed the good' campaign with BBDO
- Twitter hunts for UK agencies