Brand Barometer: Social media performance of Canon
By Gemma Charles, Public affairs editor, Marketing, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 22 June 2012 09:00AM
A look at the performance of Canon in social media over the past four months
Canon should be making great inroads, because photos regularly account for the most engaging content on social. However, the brand lacks a UK or US-centric page, thus missing out on a huge opportunity. Canon’s most popular page on Facebook has been created by a fan.
The Social Media Reputation (SMR) score provides a benchmark to gauge brands' respective popularity.
The score is derived by averaging the noise around a brand (reach) with its popularity (satisfaction).
Then the numbers from the last month are compared to the previous three months to apply a topical adjustment (recency).
An algorithm and some more human analysis later produces the SMR score.
To boost accuracy, a representative sample of the automated sentiment data is validated by Yomego's expert team.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- SENIOR DESIGNER- Luxury brands/drinks Aspire £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Red Sofa London £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager (Healthcare) Solaris Health Competitive based on experience, Richmond upon Thames, London (Greater)
- FMCG Design Director, London Aspire £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, London
- Trebor launches first TV ad in a decade
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Digital surge drives UK advertising's fastest growth for four years
- Johnny Fearless closes after client departure
- Google aims to hold brands' hands with 'programmatic playbook'