Brand Barometer: Social media performance of Canon
By Gemma Charles, Public affairs editor, Marketing, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 22 June 2012 09:00AM
A look at the performance of Canon in social media over the past four months
Canon should be making great inroads, because photos regularly account for the most engaging content on social. However, the brand lacks a UK or US-centric page, thus missing out on a huge opportunity. Canon’s most popular page on Facebook has been created by a fan.
The Social Media Reputation (SMR) score provides a benchmark to gauge brands' respective popularity.
The score is derived by averaging the noise around a brand (reach) with its popularity (satisfaction).
Then the numbers from the last month are compared to the previous three months to apply a topical adjustment (recency).
An algorithm and some more human analysis later produces the SMR score.
To boost accuracy, a representative sample of the automated sentiment data is validated by Yomego's expert team.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Digital Design Director Network Career Consultants £55000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £36K, London (Central)
- Digital Response Associate Dot-Gap £70k, London (Central), London (Greater)