Brand barometer: Women's magazines, which one is most prominent online?
Glamour and Elle are the most prominent, followed by Cosmopolitan
Click on image to enlarge
1. Identification of target audience: Use of nodal analysis to identify key words and phrases relevant to the target audience.
This is achieved by discussing the customer segmentation with the client, inductive exploration of target audience interests, third-party research into target audience behaviours, and finally nodal analysis of associated key words / phrases with each other using online tools (e.g. Google Adwords).
For this research, the audience segmentation of interest is defined in conjunction with Marketing (two weeks before the publication date).
2. Identification of key online websites, groups, accounts and conversations: Identified key word search strings filtered through country-specific sources of information (e.g. Google, Twitter, YouTube, etc, in the UK) to find the key online locations of the audience.
The identified locations are validated against a proprietary impact and engagement criteria threshold. The verified locations form the sample set upon which analysis is conducted.
For this research, 25 locations form for the basis of analysis – a typical project will feature between 100-500 locations depending on the client.
3. User generated content and location analysis: Verified locations are analysed for characteristics and content type, and commentary is analysed for topic, sentiment and linguistics.
This proprietary methodology consists of 192 metrics within 17 groupings, such as channel authority, interaction, content dynamic, competitor analysis, etc.
For this research, only 1 of the 192 metrics is displayed – competitor share of voice. This has been calculated purely on volume of mentions for each competitor within the verified key locations online.
The sample size for this research is 2,500 unique UGC inputs (e.g. audience opinions and perceptions) across 25 locations online.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- International copywriter Hanson Search Between 45 000 and 54 000 Euros , Milan (IT)
- Brand Development Manager - 4 month contract Stopgap competitive, London
- Senior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £60000 per annum, London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood