Brand Barometer: Social media performance of Evian
A look at the performance of Evian in social media over the past four months.
MARCH: Evian's worldwide Facebook page shared a range of 'inspiring' images. In the UK, however, engagement was relatively low, despite Evian's sponsorship of UK Coffee Week.
APRIL: Evian reintroduced its dancing baby to the UK via Facebook. The new ad, not on the EvianBabies YouTube channel, was a version of a 2011 French ad.
MAY: A buzz was created on Facebook by a post promising 'something exciting'. This turned out to be 500 free bottles a day, offered over a two-week period. It was well-received, but likes and engagement were still relatively low.
JUNE: Partnering Maria Sharapova, Evian launched 'ball hunt' to tie in with Wimbledon. @Evian_UK's Twitter account provided clues to the whereabouts of a ballboy, with prizes for the first to find him.
Evian has maximised its sponsorship of Wimbledon through social, using Facebook and Twitter to attract new users. Its #evianballhunt encourages users to check in to locations in the hope of winning signed merchandise, clothing or tickets. A clever gambit, although some Twitterless fans might feel a little left out. However, the brand's efforts are paying off with an increasing score.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Customer Data Manager Stopgap £43000 per annum, Bedfordshire
- Agile Programme Manager - Games / Mobile / software development Digital Gurus £55000 - £72000 Per Annum, London
- Senior Marketing Executive, London, up to £40k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Stopgap £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £110 - £125 per day, Wallingford
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Kevin Dundas leaves Droga5 Europe
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity