Brand Barometer: Social media performance of Evian
A look at the performance of Evian in social media over the past four months.
MARCH: Evian's worldwide Facebook page shared a range of 'inspiring' images. In the UK, however, engagement was relatively low, despite Evian's sponsorship of UK Coffee Week.
APRIL: Evian reintroduced its dancing baby to the UK via Facebook. The new ad, not on the EvianBabies YouTube channel, was a version of a 2011 French ad.
MAY: A buzz was created on Facebook by a post promising 'something exciting'. This turned out to be 500 free bottles a day, offered over a two-week period. It was well-received, but likes and engagement were still relatively low.
JUNE: Partnering Maria Sharapova, Evian launched 'ball hunt' to tie in with Wimbledon. @Evian_UK's Twitter account provided clues to the whereabouts of a ballboy, with prizes for the first to find him.
Evian has maximised its sponsorship of Wimbledon through social, using Facebook and Twitter to attract new users. Its #evianballhunt encourages users to check in to locations in the hope of winning signed merchandise, clothing or tickets. A clever gambit, although some Twitterless fans might feel a little left out. However, the brand's efforts are paying off with an increasing score.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Business Development Director - Design Branding and Integrated - London Spectrum £70,000 - £90,000, London
- Middleweight Graphic Designer become £28-35K, Central London
- Account Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + benefits, London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London