Brand Barometer: Social media performance of McDonald's
A look at the performance of McDonald's in social media over the past four months
LOCOG chairman Lord Coe defended plans to open the world's biggest McDonald's outlet in the Olympic Village.
Senior academic Professor Terrence Stephenson said food companies such as McDonald's and Coca-Cola should be banned from sponsoring the Olympics. The comment generated negative conversation on Twitter.
McDonald's launched the social-media-friendly WhatMakesMcDonalds.co.uk. Although it opened to some criticism, users praised its approach and honesty.
'We all make the Games' campaign launched just 30 days before the start of the Olympics. The programme is still in its infancy, yet, to date, has been well received.
McDonald's sponsorship of Euro 2012 and the Olympics has brought significant benefits. In-store renovations and healthy-eating campaigns have boosted its SMR score by more than six points since Yomego's Top 50 league table last year. This is reflected by a 10-point sentiment score rise.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel