Brand Barometer: Social media performance of McDonald's
A look at the performance of McDonald's in social media over the past four months
LOCOG chairman Lord Coe defended plans to open the world's biggest McDonald's outlet in the Olympic Village.
Senior academic Professor Terrence Stephenson said food companies such as McDonald's and Coca-Cola should be banned from sponsoring the Olympics. The comment generated negative conversation on Twitter.
McDonald's launched the social-media-friendly WhatMakesMcDonalds.co.uk. Although it opened to some criticism, users praised its approach and honesty.
'We all make the Games' campaign launched just 30 days before the start of the Olympics. The programme is still in its infancy, yet, to date, has been well received.
McDonald's sponsorship of Euro 2012 and the Olympics has brought significant benefits. In-store renovations and healthy-eating campaigns have boosted its SMR score by more than six points since Yomego's Top 50 league table last year. This is reflected by a 10-point sentiment score rise.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - Exhibitions - London tfconnect global recruitment £33,000 - £35,000 plus £3,750 car allowance + 25% bonus, London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, Aylesbury
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad