Brand Barometer: Social media performance of Adidas
A look at the performance of Adidas in social media over the past four months.
March: Conversation increased as the Team GB kit for the Olympics, designed by Stella McCartney, was unveiled, but negative comments pushed down its satisfaction score.
April: The 'Take the stage' campaign ad made its debut, but the launch was marred by allegations that the kit was produced in sweatshops.
May: Users uploaded videos for the chance to win a meeting with brand ambassadors. The site was dogged by technical issues, however.
June: Negative mentions spiked due to a trainer perceived to resemble shackles worn by slaves, but the launch of the Adidas football tumblr boosted its SMR score.
Adidas is succeeding in integrating its social channels to promote its sponsorship of the Olympics and engage with fans online, even with negative news stories in the mix. It will be interesting to see what the brand does throughout the Games.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ninesharp negotiable, North West England
- Online Trading Manager JV Recruitment £33000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Lancashire
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Instagram partners with Omnicom to launch ad service in the UK
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account