Brand Barometer: Social media performance of Adidas
A look at the performance of Adidas in social media over the past four months.
March: Conversation increased as the Team GB kit for the Olympics, designed by Stella McCartney, was unveiled, but negative comments pushed down its satisfaction score.
April: The 'Take the stage' campaign ad made its debut, but the launch was marred by allegations that the kit was produced in sweatshops.
May: Users uploaded videos for the chance to win a meeting with brand ambassadors. The site was dogged by technical issues, however.
June: Negative mentions spiked due to a trainer perceived to resemble shackles worn by slaves, but the launch of the Adidas football tumblr boosted its SMR score.
Adidas is succeeding in integrating its social channels to promote its sponsorship of the Olympics and engage with fans online, even with negative news stories in the mix. It will be interesting to see what the brand does throughout the Games.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Account Coordinator Dynamic New Alliances £23000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- TV Account Executive- £26K Ultimate Asset £24000 - £26000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £34000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Buyer Planner/Senior Buyer Planner Premier Media £22000 - £28000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers
- McDonald's marks 40 years with charity ad