Brand Barometer: Social media performance of Adidas
A look at the performance of Adidas in social media over the past four months.
March: Conversation increased as the Team GB kit for the Olympics, designed by Stella McCartney, was unveiled, but negative comments pushed down its satisfaction score.
April: The 'Take the stage' campaign ad made its debut, but the launch was marred by allegations that the kit was produced in sweatshops.
May: Users uploaded videos for the chance to win a meeting with brand ambassadors. The site was dogged by technical issues, however.
June: Negative mentions spiked due to a trainer perceived to resemble shackles worn by slaves, but the launch of the Adidas football tumblr boosted its SMR score.
Adidas is succeeding in integrating its social channels to promote its sponsorship of the Olympics and engage with fans online, even with negative news stories in the mix. It will be interesting to see what the brand does throughout the Games.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Research Manager Lipton Fleming £35000 - £46000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Head of PR and Public Affairs (12 month maternity contract) Stopgap £54000 - £64000 per annum + pro rata, West Midlands
- Community Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Creative Services Account Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Business Director - Top Finance Client - Leading Media Agency Lipton Fleming £65000 per annum + excellent benefits package, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham