Brand Barometer: Social media performance of Adidas
A look at the performance of Adidas in social media over the past four months.
March: Conversation increased as the Team GB kit for the Olympics, designed by Stella McCartney, was unveiled, but negative comments pushed down its satisfaction score.
April: The 'Take the stage' campaign ad made its debut, but the launch was marred by allegations that the kit was produced in sweatshops.
May: Users uploaded videos for the chance to win a meeting with brand ambassadors. The site was dogged by technical issues, however.
June: Negative mentions spiked due to a trainer perceived to resemble shackles worn by slaves, but the launch of the Adidas football tumblr boosted its SMR score.
Adidas is succeeding in integrating its social channels to promote its sponsorship of the Olympics and engage with fans online, even with negative news stories in the mix. It will be interesting to see what the brand does throughout the Games.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- eCom / Retail Marketing Manager (B2C) - Online Homewares Retailer Recruitment Revolution £45,000 + £5k bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Events Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Adam Recruitment Ã‚£25000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Manager/ Junior Account Director - Brand Coms ADLIB £33k - £38k , Bristol