Brand Barometer: Social media performance of Adidas
A look at the performance of Adidas in social media over the past four months.
March: Conversation increased as the Team GB kit for the Olympics, designed by Stella McCartney, was unveiled, but negative comments pushed down its satisfaction score.
April: The 'Take the stage' campaign ad made its debut, but the launch was marred by allegations that the kit was produced in sweatshops.
May: Users uploaded videos for the chance to win a meeting with brand ambassadors. The site was dogged by technical issues, however.
June: Negative mentions spiked due to a trainer perceived to resemble shackles worn by slaves, but the launch of the Adidas football tumblr boosted its SMR score.
Adidas is succeeding in integrating its social channels to promote its sponsorship of the Olympics and engage with fans online, even with negative news stories in the mix. It will be interesting to see what the brand does throughout the Games.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment £26000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Account Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £32,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection £75 - £90K + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Interior Designer Premier Media £25 - £35 per hour, City of London
- CLIENT RELATIONSHIP DIRECTOR - MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + Bbonus + Benefits, Buckinghamshire
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers