Why We're Loving ... Gary Monaghan senior creative; David Fleetwood copywriter, M&C Saatchi
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 23 August 2012 08:00AM
WHY: Filmhack was a collaboration between M&C Saatchi, M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment, Goldsmiths MA film and drama students, YouTube and Motorola. The competition was won by Gary Monaghan and David Fleetwood.
HOW: They say: "Our academic and business partnership approach and do-it environment treat everyone as equals and prove good ideas can become good work. Importantly, the results were great - finding new audiences, treating pre-roll as a creative opportunity and pre-roll ads outperformed benchmarks."
Inside Monaghan and Fleetwood
Tell us a bit about the challenges you encountered during Filmhack ...
GM: Lack of time, working with camera phones. There were a lot of "healthy arguments". We had to think a little harder about where to find our audience. DF: Getting people from different disciplines to work as a unit.
The reason I got into advertising was ...
GM: To work with some amazingly talented people and produce great stuff. DF: I wanted to be paid for thinking stuff up.
My best career bits so far are ...
GM: Loads of lucky breaks from the past - but still enjoying today. DF: Yet to come.
The biggest influence on my career has been ...
GM: Mark Reddy. DF: Stanley Donwood and Dr Tchock. Jack Daniel's.
We're most proud of ...
Working with Paul Arden.
We're really inspired by ...
The "now" - the most exciting time to work in advertising.
My favourite piece of work is ...
GM: The Shining - a Kubrick masterpiece. DF: In Rainbows - Radiohead. Sublime.
You probably didn't know this, but ...
GM: Years ago, during my first Virgin Atlantic shoot in New York, my partner Pat and I blew all our expenses on a wild first night. DF: I "dabble" in stand-up comedy.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- SENIOR PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, Leicestershire
- DIGITAL STRATEGY MANAGER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, East Midlands
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car or C/A, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 per annum + Car or C/A, United Kingdom
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media