Why We're Loving ... Gary Monaghan senior creative; David Fleetwood copywriter, M&C Saatchi
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 23 August 2012 08:00AM
WHY: Filmhack was a collaboration between M&C Saatchi, M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment, Goldsmiths MA film and drama students, YouTube and Motorola. The competition was won by Gary Monaghan and David Fleetwood.
HOW: They say: "Our academic and business partnership approach and do-it environment treat everyone as equals and prove good ideas can become good work. Importantly, the results were great - finding new audiences, treating pre-roll as a creative opportunity and pre-roll ads outperformed benchmarks."
Inside Monaghan and Fleetwood
Tell us a bit about the challenges you encountered during Filmhack ...
GM: Lack of time, working with camera phones. There were a lot of "healthy arguments". We had to think a little harder about where to find our audience. DF: Getting people from different disciplines to work as a unit.
The reason I got into advertising was ...
GM: To work with some amazingly talented people and produce great stuff. DF: I wanted to be paid for thinking stuff up.
My best career bits so far are ...
GM: Loads of lucky breaks from the past - but still enjoying today. DF: Yet to come.
The biggest influence on my career has been ...
GM: Mark Reddy. DF: Stanley Donwood and Dr Tchock. Jack Daniel's.
We're most proud of ...
Working with Paul Arden.
We're really inspired by ...
The "now" - the most exciting time to work in advertising.
My favourite piece of work is ...
GM: The Shining - a Kubrick masterpiece. DF: In Rainbows - Radiohead. Sublime.
You probably didn't know this, but ...
GM: Years ago, during my first Virgin Atlantic shoot in New York, my partner Pat and I blew all our expenses on a wild first night. DF: I "dabble" in stand-up comedy.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Sales Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Cross Media Planning Manager: £33k; Luxury Fashion Brand! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £33000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Director - Global FMCG Brands - 45k - 50k Fill Recruitment Ltd 45k - 50k pending experience, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Head of New Business | Digital Innovations Agency | £80K OTE Zebra People £55000 - £60000 per annum + £20K+ comms, great benefits, London (East), London (Greater)
- Planning Director Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Amazing benefits, Camden, London (Greater)