Brand Barometer: Social media performance of BMW
A look at the performance of BMW in social media over the past four months
BMW unveiled its Olympics fleet, but green campaigners protested that the London 2012 vehicles should have been electric.
US users shared links to the 'Drive for Team USA' initiative. In the UK, the news of a man suing BMW because his motorbike allegedly gave him a two-year erection spread across social networks.
A high number of influential bloggers discussed the recent tie-up between BMW and Toyota. References on Twitter predominately focused on the BMW Open tennis tournament.
Sentiment was negative in early July, as BMW rapped tougher emission-limit proposals, while boasting of its green cachet as official Olympics sponsor. US viewers liked its ad aired during the Games' opening ceremony.
Despite the negative sentiment toward BMW's provision of the Olympic car fleet, the brand is one of the more popular Olympic sponsors on social media. This correlates with research from Marketing/Interbrand, showing that BMW is one of two sponsors that exemplify Olympic values.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films