campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 October 2012 08:00AM
Unilever's review of the creative account for the spreads brand Flora is firmly under way. Three agencies, including the incumbent, Adam & Eve/DDB, will pitch in a process handled by Emma Reynolds at Pea Consulting. A result is due before Christmas. Apparently, the brand wants a big new idea to reconnect it to the mainstream.
The £20 million advertising pitch for FirstGroup's West Coast Main Line has been derailed after the decision by the Government to cancel the award of the franchise. In the latest omnishambles, the Government admitted that the tender process was flawed.
There's more drama on the B&Q creative pitch. The incumbent, McCann London, has pulled out after last week's departure of B&Q's marketing director, Katherine Paterson. Agencies left in the pitch are BETC London, Karmarama, WCRS and Dare. David Hutchinson, the acting marketing director at the DIY equipment retailer, expressed "regret" over McCann's decision.
Another agency humming the tune to Cast's 1995 classic Walkaway is DLKW Lowe, which is understood to have done so from the pitch for the SCA incontinence brand Tena, after working with the client since 2005.
The media review for Center Parcs is finally entering the home straight. It is understood that Vizeum and Walker Media are left in the running, after MPG Media Contacts and M/SIX were told they are out of the process.
Agencies expect to hear on the Johnson & Johnson media review at any time. All four agencies (Carat, UM, OMD and Group M's MEC-backed Team J&J) insist they are still in the game.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Engagement Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central
- Media Planning Account Manager Lipton Fleming £30000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy