campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 October 2012 08:00AM
Unilever's review of the creative account for the spreads brand Flora is firmly under way. Three agencies, including the incumbent, Adam & Eve/DDB, will pitch in a process handled by Emma Reynolds at Pea Consulting. A result is due before Christmas. Apparently, the brand wants a big new idea to reconnect it to the mainstream.
The £20 million advertising pitch for FirstGroup's West Coast Main Line has been derailed after the decision by the Government to cancel the award of the franchise. In the latest omnishambles, the Government admitted that the tender process was flawed.
There's more drama on the B&Q creative pitch. The incumbent, McCann London, has pulled out after last week's departure of B&Q's marketing director, Katherine Paterson. Agencies left in the pitch are BETC London, Karmarama, WCRS and Dare. David Hutchinson, the acting marketing director at the DIY equipment retailer, expressed "regret" over McCann's decision.
Another agency humming the tune to Cast's 1995 classic Walkaway is DLKW Lowe, which is understood to have done so from the pitch for the SCA incontinence brand Tena, after working with the client since 2005.
The media review for Center Parcs is finally entering the home straight. It is understood that Vizeum and Walker Media are left in the running, after MPG Media Contacts and M/SIX were told they are out of the process.
Agencies expect to hear on the Johnson & Johnson media review at any time. All four agencies (Carat, UM, OMD and Group M's MEC-backed Team J&J) insist they are still in the game.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of Research and Insight Pitch Consultants £25000 - £35000 per annum, Liverpool
- Brand Marketing Manager Source £40000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Client/Media Agency role -Business Director -Publishing Client Ultimate Asset £65000 - £70000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Senior Agency Sales - Video Advertising Aspire £40000 - £60000 per annum + 50% commission, London
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline