Inside... Immediate Media Co
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 February 2013 08:00AM
Formerly BBC Magazines, the publisher actively encourages staff to create innovative solutions for clients, Duncan Tickell says.
What a year it has been. In our first full year, we’ve set up new offices in Hammersmith, made acquisitions, launched innovative digital and print products, won significant new business and invested heavily in content and talent – with more than 220 new staff.
It has been about building a dynamic, entrepreneurial culture, so we took a lot of care and attention to our new office environment. The Richard Woods-designed collaborative space with theatre, breakouts and café entice people to mix, talk and get the creative juices flowing.
We have also taken this approach to building our teams – combining our strong print heritage and brands with an agile digital approach to publishing across multiple platforms.
We have set up a ten-strong team to deliver innovative and creative cross-media solutions. Launching this year is our biggest advertising deal from Silver Spoon. This branded content deal, worth £1.5 million over the next 12 months, will reach more than ten million adults across multiple platforms around the theme of "bake with the best".
We are investing heavily to deliver growth across our portfolio of 34 websites, 50 magazines and 39 tablet editions in London and Bristol. The Radio Times is reaping the benefit of this, seeing year-on-year growth in print circulation and ad revenues, with website unique users up 70 per cent on last year.
Our first year was about creating a dynamic culture and investing in the team and environment required for innovative solutions. 2013 is about delivery – we couldn’t be more excited.
Duncan Tickell is the commercial director at Immediate Media Co
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Paid Search Manager (Chinese market) - London - £45K + benefits Salt £45000 per annum + benefits, London
- Online Marketing Manager - London - up to £43,000 Salt £40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits, London
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Instagram partners with Omnicom to launch ad service in the UK
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account