Agency takes down client's website over bill dispute
By Gordon MacMillan, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 February 2013 09:16AM
No doubt there are a lot of agencies out there that have dreamed about doing this, but few have ever done it. One small agency has however taken the leap and replaced a client's website with a letter claiming the client owes it money.
The agency in question is a small web design agency run by Frank Jonen, who has taken down the website of Fitness SF.
German designer Jonen hacked the website after claiming that Fitness SF, a chain of fitness centres based in bay area of San Francisco, owes him for "half a year’s worth of work".
Jonen says that he wrote the letter "on the behalf of the tens of thousands of freelancers and small businesses out there facing larger corporations" and he has encouraged others to join him in this fight and called upon them to cancel their gym memberships and post on Fitness SF's Facebook page and to Tweet about it.
Continue reading this story on The Wall
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London