Agency takes down client's website over bill dispute
By Gordon MacMillan, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 February 2013 09:16AM
No doubt there are a lot of agencies out there that have dreamed about doing this, but few have ever done it. One small agency has however taken the leap and replaced a client's website with a letter claiming the client owes it money.
The agency in question is a small web design agency run by Frank Jonen, who has taken down the website of Fitness SF.
German designer Jonen hacked the website after claiming that Fitness SF, a chain of fitness centres based in bay area of San Francisco, owes him for "half a year’s worth of work".
Jonen says that he wrote the letter "on the behalf of the tens of thousands of freelancers and small businesses out there facing larger corporations" and he has encouraged others to join him in this fight and called upon them to cancel their gym memberships and post on Fitness SF's Facebook page and to Tweet about it.
Continue reading this story on The Wall
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of New Business | Digital Innovations Agency | £80K OTE Zebra People £55000 - £60000 per annum + £20K+ comms, great benefits, London (East), London (Greater)
- Planning Director Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Amazing benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- MID-WEIGHT 2D DESIGNER - EVENTS AND BRANDING Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- SEO Executive - Oxford - £30K Salt £30000 per annum + standard benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Producer - Fantastic, creatively-led Integrated Agency, up to £45K + benefits Story Recruitment up to £45K + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater)