Jon Gledstone and Dave Martin, founders, Fun Uncle
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 March 2013 08:00AM
WHAT THEY DID Gledstone and Martin make up a creative duo called Fun Uncle. Commissioned by the post-production house My Brother Bob, the pair have created a series of films to promote the company to the industry. One spot stars the actor Adeel Akhtar, from Four Lions and The Dictator, alongside Gillian McCafferty, who also moonlights as Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R’s receptionist.
Tell us something about the making of this film. We were misinformed by his agent that Adeel had actual zebra legs – kind of the reason we cast him. Luckily, My Brother Bob managed to sort him out a handsome CGI pair.
How did you get your current job? As Fun Uncle founders, we sort of hired ourselves. We fire ourselves daily too – it keeps us on our toes.
What inspires you? Jon: That feeling in the pit of my stomach. Dave: Cats and their trueness to whatever it is they want to do at that precise moment, oblivious to how rude they might appear. It’s the antithesis of my Englishness.
What are you most proud of? Jon: Putting people before trousers and sharing the gift of Cossack. Dave: I make excellent gravy.
What are you working on next? Jon: We’re working on some exciting projects with the lovely folks over at Crispin Porter & Bogusky London. We’ve also created a monster in Münster. Dave: Knocking down a kitchen wall with my bare hands. Actually, a sledgehammer. With gloves.
Tell us something interesting/unusual about yourself? Jon: I was on Jim’ll Fix It when I was ten designing billboards for Bartle Bogle Hegarty. There was me, Sir John Hegarty, David Seaman, a panda and a bloke who’s probably best skipped over. I’ve still got the medal, but not the blonde bouffant. Dave: I toured Bulgaria as drummer of a band when I was 14. Rock ’n’ roll, and Ribena.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Project Manager - Client Side - Blue Chip - CRM, Data, Backend Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits +75% off travel , London
- CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (Brand Guardian, Marketing, Strategy) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Surrey
- Head of Design and Interactive Communications Michael Page Digital £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Events Coordinator, London, 6 Month FTC Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £28000 per annum, Central London
- Digital Design Director Creative Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum, Hertfordshire