School Reports 2013: Vizeum
campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 08 April 2013 08:00AM
Score: 7 Last year: 7
Vizeum’s 2012 was characterised by some management toing and froing with its sister agency Carat and a strong performance that resulted in awards and new-business success.
Grant Millar, the agency’s managing director for seven years, moved to Carat to become its global brand director. Richard Morris made a switch the other way, leaving behind his deputy managing director duties at Carat to take over the running of Vizeum. He did so just in time to jump on to the stage at the Campaign Media Awards and accept the coveted Campaign of the Year accolade for Vizeum’s "happy to bed" activity for Ikea.
The shop also won Best Total Communications Programme for the same work and was highly commended in the alcoholic drinks category for its Budweiser FA Cup activity.
Vizeum pushed forward on media innovation last year, becoming the first agency to work with Zeebox on a synchronised second-screen campaign to promote the Ridley Scott film Prometheus, for its client 20th Century Fox.
The shop’s new-business performance was perfectly respectable, even if its new clients weren’t hugely sexy. Vizeum picked up work for Fitness First, Air New Zealand and the shower brand Kohler Mira, while extending its relationship with Zoopla to include Primelocation.com.
In an Olympic year, when its client Coca-Cola had a lot to think about, keeping new business on a tight leash was no doubt a good idea. A test of a different kind faces the agency in 2013 – hanging on to its Coke account after the advertiser called a review.
|Type of agency||Media planning and buying|
|Company ownership||Aegis Media|
|Key personnel||Richard Morris managing director
Jo Sutherland chief operating officer
|Nielsen billings 2012||£230m|
|Nielsen billings 2011||£259m|
|Total accounts at year end||42|
|Accounts won||4 (biggest: Air New Zealand)|
|Number of staff||122 (+1.5%)|
Score key: 9 Outstanding 8 Excellent 7 Good 6 Satisfactory 5 Adequate 4 Below average 3 Poor 2 A year to forget 1 Survival in question
How Vizeum rates itself: 7
"2012 marked a new era for Vizeum with a new management team established under the leadership of Richard Morris. Having won 11 new clients in 2011, we successfully on-boarded all of them in 2012. We didn’t lose a single client and had a record year for industry recognition for client work – including winning Campaign of the Year for IKEA at the Campaign Media Awards."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Senior Broadcast Buyer - Leading Gaming & Confectionery Clients Ultimate Asset £28000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Publisher Development Manager - video Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + commission, London
- Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Online Marketing Executive JV Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Manchester
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control