campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 July 2013 08:00AM
Commercial and editorial teams at Bauer are encouraged to collaborate to get the most for their brands, Karen Stacey writes.
Sitting down to write this article, I realised what an eclectic mix of people we have behind the brands at Bauer Media. With brands such as Heat, Closer, Grazia, Empire and Q, where else would you hear conversations about the autumn/winter 2013 collection and the latest release from Thirty Seconds to Mars yards away from each other?
Our portfolio reaches more than 20 million people a week across multiple platforms, and there is never a dull moment. At Endeavour House, our commercial team consists of 180 people, all sat together on the second floor of the open-plan office, and our content-led hub, Bauer Access, works on joining up our brands on specific projects for commercial partners.
This client-facing team is looking to create something different by gaining access to our insight to produce new solutions. Clare Chamberlain, the sales director, London lifestyle, Derek Hewitt, the sales director, radio, and I meet regularly to discuss our progress and ways to drive the business forward in this ever-changing marketplace.
Interestingly, one of the busiest places at Bauer is the staircase between floors one and four. The old descriptor that was "church and state" disappeared from Bauer long ago, and it is actively encouraged for both commercial and editorial teams to work together alongside the central marketing and insight team, led by Anne-Marie Lavan. One person often running down the stairs in her platforms is Lucy Banks, our executive creative director.
To date, we are most proud of our GoThinkBig digital platform, created by O2, Zenith-Optimedia and ourselves. This initiative has become the go-to place for young people to get advice on how to get into work and, most importantly, it offers work experiences. The idea was borne out of insight and driven by a team of editorial experts at Bauer.
The GTB team is based at Mappin House, our home to radio and Box TV (our joint venture with Channel 4). Where else would you find brands such as Magic 105.4, Kiss, Planet Rock and Kerrang living in harmony? It goes to show that variety really is the spice of life.
Karen Stacey is the broadcast sales director at Bauer Media
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £55k, London, Central
- Account Manager- Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £28k - £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media