Things we like: Jessie J, The Telegraph, Now TV
Jessie J's latest venture
Say what you will about Jessie J, but there’s no denying her growing influence on Generation Y. The outspoken singer, who has just quit her role as a coach on BBC One’s The Voice, took over Glamour’s Twitter account for 15 minutes last week. The 25-year-old promptly made #GLAMOURJessieJ trend worldwide after receiving almost 6,000 mentions and more than 2,000 new followers.
The Telegraph Challenge
Telegraph Media Group proved it knows the way to the hearts and minds of media planners and buyers last week at its inaugural media awards. Designed to accentuate TMG’s cross-platform portfolio, the awards show had received more than 90 entries. And who would have guessed that dishing out money via large comedy cheques while plying everyone with Champagne and canapés would be such a winning formula? Those enjoying the high spirits included a Mindshare team that was awarded £100,000-worth of media for its Jack Wolfskin client.
Now TV’s PlayStation3 deal
Gamers are now able to gain instant access to Sky Movies and the six Sky Sports channels with no contract, set-up costs or installation after the launch of Now TV on Sony’s PlayStation3. Not only can users connect to the Now TV internet-streaming service at home, but also when on the move through their smartphone, tablet or laptop. A Now TV Sky Sports Day Pass costs £9.99.
And one thing we don’t...
ITV’s bust-up with Channel 4
ITV is ready to take legal action against Channel 4 if it airs a Dispatches programme that shows Coronation Street stars allegedly promoting bogus products on Twitter. The actors Brooke Vincent and Catherine Tyldesley are accused of publicising beauty products from a fictitious cosmetics company, in breach of marketing rules. ITV reacted angrily, telling Campaign: "Cast members responded to Tweets sent directly to them by some brands to say thank you. They didn’t receive free gifts in return for Tweeting."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Customer Marketing Manager Direct Recruitment £35,000-£40,000, Berkshire
- Freelance Senior Account Manager/Junior Account Director -ASAP! Network Career Consultants £190 - £225 per day + Longer contract offered, London
- Trade Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Hitchin
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure