Close-Up: The Hot Seat - Krissi Murison, Editor, NME
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 April 2010 12:00AM
- You've got five hours left before the world explodes. What do you do?
Develop an opium habit
- What's your best joke?
I can tell you the worst: being woken up this morning to be told a very prominent rock star had just died. I thought April Fools jokes were supposed to be funny.
- What's your biggest fear?
Worrying myself to death.
- When did you last cry and why?
This morning when my husband accidentally dropped the cat on its head.
- Who is your hero?
Patti Smith. I can't think of a single thing about her that isn't inspirational.
- Name one thing about yourself that few people know.
I have four ankles.
- What's the worst thing about your job?
Always the deadlines.
- What do you see when you look in the mirror?
Roots that badly need dying.
- Which historical figure do you most identify with and why?
- If you had a trained monkey, what would you make it do?
- If your office was burning down, what object would you save and why?
The limited-edition Florence and the Machine box-set that someone just told me was going for a grand on eBay.
- Are you happy?
Usually by about 3pm.
- What would you do if you were invisible for the day?
I'd drop in on indie power couple Ryan Jarman and Kate Nash to find out what they talk about over breakfast.
- What's your most evocative childhood memory?
Sneaking into the After Dark Club in Reading for the first time.
- What's your most irritating habit?
- What belief do you hold most strongly?
It's better to regret the things you did than the things you didn't. Even if you ended up procrastinating over them for an eternity first.
- What's on your iPod most-played list?
Tangled Up In Blue.
- What do you wear in bed?
Depends on the season.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of Brand Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £47,000 - £57,000, Central London
- Senior Product Manager Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum, Hitchin
- Director of Brand & Marketing Communications Three £Excellent + benefits + bonus, Maidenhead
- European Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London