Virgin Media launches campaign to promote high-definition
LONDON - Virgin Media is set to launch its first high-definition advertising campaign promoting during 'Britain's Got Talent' on ITV1 HD tomorrow night (1 May).
The new ads showcase Virgin Media's high-definition line-up of 12 channels across sport, entertainment, film and nature, which includes Living HD and ESPN HD, as well as ITV HD and BBC HD.
The ad, created by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, shows a family sitting at home and about to experience high-definition TV from Virgin Media for the first time.
The son turns on the TV, the room fills with light and a football player bursts out of the screen, the room is then crammed with penguins, followed by soldiers, who crawl across the living room floor.
The ad closes with the phrase 'Virgin Media. Amazing HD. No extra monthly fee'. The ad aims to highlight the fact that Virgin Media's HD package is available at no extra cost.
Ashley Stockwell, executive director of brand and marketing at Virgin Media, said: "Our new HD campaign showcases the glorious experience of watching the forthcoming football World Cup, as well as a wide range of entertainment including movies, music, drama and nature all in amazing high-definition."
The high-definition TV ads will run in standard definition on ITV1 and are part of a multimillion pound media campaign for Virgin Media, planned and bought by Manning Gottlieb OMD, which includes TV, print, outdoor, cinema and online.
Earlier this week, Virgin Media chief executive Neil Berkett said high definition offered the biggest potential rewards to pay TV providers, and that access to high definition channels was more important to Virgin Media's financial performance than access to Sky's premium sports channels.
Following its quarterly results yesterday, BSkyB announced that Sky News will launch in high definition next week, to coincide with the channel's election night programme on Thursday 6 May, at 9pm.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Web Designer PFJ £32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Product - Multi Platform Global Proposition ADLIB £Competitve, Bristol
- Digital & Print Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £33000 per annum + amazing bonus scheme & benefits, London
- Experienced Digital Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £4000 - £50000 per annum + commission + excellent benefits, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film