London Eye sees shops for creative brief
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 May 2010 08:00AM
LONDON - Merlin Entertainments has kicked off the hunt for an agency to handle advertising for the London Eye.
The company, which has owned the London Eye since its launch in 2000, is seeking an agency to promote the attraction as it celebrates its tenth anniversary.
The campaign will span a number of channels with a strong focus on digital and experiential activity.
Merlin has previously used Frank The Agency to produce campaigns for the London Eye as well as Madame Tussauds and the London Aquarium. However, the agency folded earlier this year.
Delaney Lund Knox Warren continues to handle the advertising for the company's theme parks, which include Alton Towers.
The move to appoint an agency comes soon after a restructure of Merlin's marketing department. Its Midway brands, which include its London attractions, have been consolidated into one marketing department, while the theme parks division remains a separate entity.
Last year, the London Eye rebranded as The Merlin Entertainments London Eye. The attraction had been unbranded since 2008 when British Airways terminated its sponsorship.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Business Development Director - Design Branding and Integrated - London Spectrum £70,000 - £90,000, London
- Middleweight Graphic Designer become £28-35K, Central London
- Account Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + benefits, London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London